3 Types of Work Visas You Can Apply for to Enter the U.S.

3 Types of Work VisasComing to the United States of America to work or start a small business is a dream to many. That’s why a lot of people are applying to get a work visa and legally make the move in this country. As long as you have the right requirements and you submit your papers on time, you can have the chance to get approved. Here are some of your choices if you are one of those.


Buhler Thomas Law, P.C. explains that the H1B visa is the standard work visa in Utah and every other state in the country. The main requirement is to have a bachelor’s degree. 65,000 H1B visas are issued annually, with an additional 20,000 for people who attended a U.S. university to get a Master’s degree. The application starts every first of April and you can start working on the first of October that year.


The L1 visa is applicable for intra-company transfers. The main requirement is being employed or formerly employed by an associated company for a year or more. This visa is valid for a year but can be extended and renewed for up to seven years. Your spouse can also be eligible to get a work visa if you get approved for an L1 visa. 


E2 visa is somewhat specifically made for businessmen who desire to set up new businesses in the US or invest a big amount of money in another business. However, this is only available for citizens of countries that the US is in a treaty with. You can renew this visa indefinitely, but you can’t eventually be eligible to get a green card.

Recommended:  Strengthen Your Relationship and Save Your Marriage

There are many other types of visas, but these three are the most common ones. It all depends on what country you’re coming from. Basically, people who are residents of Canada, Australia, Mexico, Chile, and Singapore have more options. All in all, you just need to be patient and perseverant until you get the work visa you desire.

Related Posts